The main question that must’ve risen in your mind is regarding the fact that why would anyone consider lowering their cars. What would you even accomplish when you’ve done that and why would you do it? The answer, as it turns out, can be given in three fundamental points –
- It improves the aerodynamics of the car as less air can push its way past the bottom of the vehicle. This means you experience less drag while driving.
- It improves handling as the lower the vehicle gets, the more its traction increases.
- The chances of the car turning over or rolling over are remarkably reduced as the center of gravity is closer if the vehicle is lowered.
However, despite how ready the car looks to speed past everyone, the ground clearance takes a significant hit, rendering the vehicle only useful for good and well-maintained roads.
The ten cars
Nonetheless, here are ten cars which look great when lowered.
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 – This is a rather great car in all aspects, but also manages to look equally badass when lowered. With the great specs at an extremely affordable rate, this is a beast. The Alto 800 price starts at approximately Rs. 3 lakhs, making it probably the cheapest option out of all the cars listed here.
- Ford Figo – The lowered version of this car features so many features that without the actual branding it is extremely tough to recognize it. It has custom bumpers and vinyl, with 17-inch alloy wheels fitted with low profile maintaining tires. The car honestly looks like it’s been glued to the road.
- Honda Jazz – This car is an all-rounder, with its sedan interiors, hatchback design, an extremely well-built chassis, and a robust engine. All this when its lowered makes the car feel more of a beast than a tameable creature.
- Fiat Punto – It is one of the most aesthetically pleasing cars to hit the Indian roads. To make this car a little lower than it already is, you need to fit this with smaller tires, and voila.
- Maruti Suzuki SX4 – The SX4 was launched with massive tires and extended suspension, but once fixed with 18-inch wheels and a lowered down suspension, this beauty took no time to look like a monster.
- Mitsubishi Lancer – This car was made to be lowered. At least that’s what its entire design and chassis look like. Nothing fancy, but just adding a body kit to this vehicle enhanced its looks and performance factors tremendously.
- Volkswagen Jetta – When released, this was a very dull sedan to hit the markets. Little did the consumers know that when fixed with some modifications, this could be the best looking car ever seen. A set of 18-inch wheels and B14 suspensions did the job.
- Honda Accord – The Accord was an executive sedan when it came out, but Indian car modifiers turned this executive into sly, cunning demon which was meant to rule the streets. 20-inch wheels lowered suspension, and a new body kit was all it took for the Accord to show its pure form.
- Nissan Terrano – This compact SUV was explicitly released for the Indian roads, but a slightly lower suspension and some new wheels wouldn’t have hurt the car initially either. It just made the car look more desirable.
- Honda CR-V – The looks of this compact SUV clearly state that this was made for the outdoors. However, taking it out for a run on the road is a pretty good idea too, except it is recommended that you lower the suspension, fix 20-inch wheels, and add a body kit. You now have yourself an aesthetically pleasing machine.
So there you have it, the top 10 cars which look great when lowered. Now, of course, there are consequences of doing this, which is why these mods are recommended for fanatics.