If you have any doubts or misgivings about the prevalence and veracity of viruses in today’s day and age, take a look at the facts and figures shown below:
- In the third-quarter of last year, over 17 million unprecedented malware samples were collected and documented.
- Since January of 2016, there has been an average of 4,000 ransomware attacks per day – marking a 300% rise from the figures recorded in 2015.
- The number of phishing emails has increased by more than 92% over the past 12 months.
- About 4 in every 5 people understand the risks and potential detriments associated with accessing unfamiliar email links, but more than 60% of corporate professionals click on these dangerous hyperlinks anyway.
- Only about 1 in every 3 corporate cyber attack victims will make changes to their web-based security systems over the next year, and more than 50% of firms will not dedicate any additional attention to their security matrix.
As you might imagine, there is a seemingly infinite number of dangerous viruses out there including network invaders, program emulators, and keystroke trackers traipsing around our global Internet network. For this reason, it is in your best interest to implement a modernised application whitelisting program as soon as possible.
Continue reading to understand why you should invest in a whitelisting application.
Weaving Robust Protection into Your Daily Workflow
Many companies rely on predetermined blacklisting software to identify which programs are safe, but this is an exercise in futility to say in the least. With thousands of new malware programs hitting the web on a daily basis, the internal “virus database” of blacklisting software can never provide a comprehensive, impermeable wall of security – malicious programs will always fall through the cracks and pose a serious threat to your personal information and finances. It is simply impossible to keep up with the fervent pace of virus production in this way.
Whitelisting software, on the other hand, allows you to establish your own personalised list of approved programs and then block everything else from accessing your systems. As such, whitelisting technology is able to restrict any non-approved entities from operating on your network, which is truly the only way to ensure inclusive, impervious protection nowadays.
The Benefits of Whitelisting
With an intuitive and consolidated interface at your disposal, whitelisting software will allow you to regulate and standardise your in-house network round-the-clock:
- Discover files, plugins, databases, and programs at the exact moment they enter your corporate network.
- Easily ascertain the originating source of any files on your network.
- Track and identify any form of communication disseminated through your in-house systems.
- Pinpoint and quarantine any unknown applications with unprecedented ease.
- Locate and isolate any unfamiliar domains, IP addresses, or off-site actors that introduce unapproved programs or files into your network.
In addition, whitelisting software is incredibly lightweight and it provides instantaneous ransomware protection. Not to mention the fact that application whitelisting is widely acknowledged as the foremost method of internet protection by governmental bodies across the globe.
The decision to implement this type of security is a no-brainer, so be sure to reach out to a reputable whitelisting specialist as soon as possible – your business’ future depends on it.